Welcome to my blog

Here I will discuss my homemade baby food and who knows what else!

Sunday, November 14, 2010






Well the first birthday party was a success and is over. Ended up doing 2 different cakes, not that there were that many people that I needed 2 cakes, I guess I just wanted to overdo it and try two different decoration styles. I am by no means a cake decorator as I have said in the past but would love to be able to decorate a little, so it was fun to practice with sam's first cake. The monkey cake was SO easy! Anybody could definitely create this cake without problems. The hardest part was decorating the face, which mine didn't look that great but I was happy to say I made sam's cake!


Also I attempted a cupcake pull apart cake. Wanted to do a football shape and use Auburn colors in honor of the Auburn/Georgia game yesterday. A football shape seems relatively easy but actually it is a little bit hard to ensure that you have a nice rounded edge. But anyways, I was happy with the outcome and the cake tasted great!




Used the leftover cupcakes and just decorated them with the same icing.




I hope when it comes times for your kid's birthday and you want to make a cake you aren't intimidated by the decorating. I have zero experience, and it went pretty well for the first time I thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment