Welcome to my blog

Here I will discuss my homemade baby food and who knows what else!

Thursday, July 22, 2010

Well the parents were here to visit this past week so I had a lot of time to cook and stock up on some baby food since I had free babysitters! My parents grow several vegetables in their garden each year including green beans. We cooked those and pureed, one of sam's favorites. I don't worry about straining, there are a few strings in there but he has always eaten them with no problems. Also, bought some organic fresh spinach, frozen organic peas, frozen organic brocooli, fresh ranier cherries, blueberries, zucchini, and peaches from the farmers market. I pureed the broccoli up by itself and froze in reusable baby jars, and when it is thawed I can mix with whatever. For example, I mixed broccoli and white potato together for dinner on Monday night. I mixed the fresh steamed spinach and pureed peas together and froze. I consider this a veggie and a starch. Fresh blueberries (steamed) and applesauce has also been a big hit. Peaches pureed and thawed, mixed with fresh pureed banana is also a favorite.
So you can see I have several things cooked. Right now the inventory in the freezer is pretty diverse, and you can mix and match for several different combinations:
sweet potato cubes
zucchini cubes
quinoa cubes
white potato cubes
bing cherry cubes
ranier cherry cubes
green bean cubes
carrot jars
broccoli jars
spinach & pea jars
peach jars


I think next on the agenda I am going to harvest some of the basil I am growing and freeze some to add to the foods when I am thawing. He hasn't had any basil yet so crossing my fingers that there is not an allergy! Also, he hasn't had cauliflower, so I'm thinking some cauliflower mash might be yummy! Would love to get a hold of some silver queen corn at the farmer's market this weekend! Open to suggestions for anything new! Happy cooking :)

No comments:

Post a Comment